myCNC-ET10 reflash firmware
- 6 years ago.
WARNING: Unlike updating the myCNC software, the firmware CANNOT be downgraded after a reflash. The myCNC team recommends reflashing the control board firmware as a last resort only, and recommends seeking an explicit confirmation from the support team that the firmware reflash is warranted in order to avoid issues.
NOTE: Make sure to select the firmware for the correct version/revision of your board! Firmware for ET10 boards (R1-R3) and ET10 boards (R4-R5, also known as the ET12) are DIFFERENT. Flashing incorrect version of the firmware will result in a non-functional board. If you're unsure of your board version, please contact myCNC Technical Support prior to the reflash:
myCNC-ET10 reflashing procedure may take about 5 minutes.
To reflash the board
- Unplug 24V DC power supply and detach ET10 controller from Breakout board
- Plug 24V DC supply
- Short power cable between ET1 and Breakout leave connected.
- Plugin mini-USB cable to ET10 & Host Computer with myCNC installed
- Close jumpers J4(reset) & J5)programming) on myCNC controller board
- Open(remove) J4(reset) jumper.
- Open myCNC software on Host computer,
Configuration Tab -> Support Tab
"Select board" set to "myCNC-ET10"
Select "Firmware version" from "Release", "Night build" or "Testing"
"UART port" select port with FT232 attached
Baud Rate set to "115200" for ET10; other baudrate can be selected in case of problems on 115200 speed
- Press "Update Firmware" button, Firmware download and reflashing process will be started.
- Sector 0 will be written at the end of process, so message in debug window "Sector 0; +" means reflashing process finished successfully.
Remove all jumpers (J4, J5), assemble TE10 and Breakout and restart the board.
If reflashing process failed, please repeat sequence from #5